Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 June 2008

Are you comfortable using explicit language?

I've been offered some work reading 'erotic stories for women'. Well it makes a change from reading Charlie and Lola or an insufferable US text called Everybody Poops which seeks to earnestly reassure small children that it's ok to have a poo. Have you ever known a child who has a problem with this? Well maybe High Court Judges; aren't they the ones who you find running about wearing giant nappies and pretending to be babies? Something went badly wrong during toilet training methinks.

Anyway, I digress. The producer asks if I'd mind using explicit language in an appropriate context. Not at all. I spend most days swearing and effing in a completely inappropriate context. Which might have been why I heard my small daughter say 'Fuckit' in the bath.

No comments: